Sunday, June 29, 2014

Exterior Colors!

I've been pretty obsessively reading other Ryan Homes building blogs, and I'm really thankful to everyone who has taken the time to share their experiences, both good and bad.  I've gotten some great ideas, and its always nice to see how the finished product comes together.  One of the really nice thing about these blogs is that you can "see" your choices in other people's houses and that is exactly what I stumbled upon when I started reading Our Path to Florence at buildingflorence.blogspot.com.  The author is building a Florence in the same all-siding exterior color scheme as we choose for our Rome, and his latest blog post has some great pictures of the completed exterior of his home.

picture courtesy of buildingflorence.blogspot.com



picture courtesy of buildingflorence.blogspot.com


I hadn't seen an all siding version of our home (its Irish Thistle siding, Dark Berry shutters, and Black Fox front door), so I was so happy to see these photos.  This is exactly what our house is gong to look like and I couldn't be happier with our choice.  I love the Irish Thistle green, how its not too bright and has some muted grey tones.  I think the Dark Berry is perfect, not too purple, but definitely gives the home some pop and visual interest, and the Dark Fox is a nice medium grey/brown, a little different from a standard black door.

Thanks to my fellow Ryan Homes blogger at buildingflorence.blogspot.com for posting these photos and I hope he enjoys his new home!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Enjoy the building process. It is exciting. We also chose Irish Thistle for our house siding color. It will look great with those shutters you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog! I think Irish Thistle is an under-appreciated color here in the blogosphere, glad to see someone else chose it as well. I'm headed over to check out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we are on a parallel build time as well! I followed you. Come check us out!

    I love your siding color!

    ReplyDelete